Image

A seven year old boy got more than he bargained for as he bit into a deep-fried paper towel at KFC.

Krystal Henderson, 29, bought a chicken meal as a surprise for her stepson Oliver Hallam from the Killingworth branch on Tyne and Wear.

Image

To her horror, instead of finger licking meat, the child instead clasped his lips about a finger wiping blue hand roll.

The poor mother got the shock of her life, and at first she guessed the chicken had gone off, however, when she viewed it closer, all that was inside was a deep fried blue roll.

If it was rotten chicken, it might have just had a defective batch. Nevertheless, the blue roll could have been used for anything at all, it could have had bleach or disinfectant on it.

How did the blue roll get there? It was all twisted up, and somebody could have been cleaning their hands on that, or used to clean the floor before it got covered in batter and deep-fried, and then served to the patron of KFC.

This was purchased by a parent, who had no idea of what was lingering within the boundaries of the batter, however, when the child bit into it, it was rock hard, and as he hauled it out of his mouth, it pulled away the batter, so that the blue roll could be observed.

The mother of two purchased the meal as a takeaway to consume at home.

Nevertheless as Oliver went to tuck into one of the four boneless portions of chicken, bought for £1.99. He noticed something was awry.

After recognizing what it was inside, Krystal returned to the eating place, however, was just instructed to call customer support.

She was very traumatised by it, and was very upset. She went back into the shop crying as they stated she had to call customer service.

She had to keep ringing them up, and keep following it up. She felt like she had to do all the work, when it was their blunder.

This woman works full-time, and is a parent, and she really did not have time to keep running after them up and ringing around, particularly after what had taken place, and why should she have to, it was their oversight.

This is enough to put anyone off KFC for life, and obviously there is not sufficient and stringent handling on fast food places like KFC. When we are purchasing fast foods from these places there should be perfection, and if there is non, then they should be shut down permanently, not merely that shop in particular, but all franchises, and there should not be a dispensation for them to operate again.

Oliver might only be seven years old, nevertheless, he comprehends precisely what was going on and he doesn’t want to go to KFC again.

Oliver didn’t eat anything for the rest of the week, and he totally lost his longing for food, even though he wasn’t sick, merely lost his appetite, nevertheless, the situation could have been much worse.

Following an inquiry, KFC apologised to Krystal and offered her a free meal, and the letter that was sent to Krystal stated: “The blue tissue has most likely originated from a tissue roll used for KFC hygiene purposes.”

I would be absolutely concerned about that. Undoubtedly KFC workers that serve there must know the difference between a piece of chicken and blue tissue, because I certainly wasn’t conscious that we were reproducing blue chickens…

The shop postulates it must have dropped unobserved into the breading lug that is under the sieve and was not noticed by the cook. Do we then presume that this must have been used by the cook to clean up his hands, or to have cleaned up something more sinister, either way it would have had bacteria on it?

A spokesperson for the franchise that operates KFC in Killingworth said: “We’re very sorry for Ms Henderson’s experience and apologised to her immediately, as well as giving her a refund at the time of the incident.

It is irrelevant that they have apologised, or even given her a reimbursement. The fact of the matter is, it should never have taken place, and an analysis should apply as to why it did, and the franchise should be shut down at once. I’m positive Colonel Sanders would be rolling in his grave, though I’m sure deep-fried paper towel was not on the bill of fare when he was alive.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s